LT010: CHRIS MENIST & MAFT SAI
Our tenth guestmix comes from crate-digging extraordinaires and The Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band members Chris Menist and Maft Sai. They bring us a mixture of gems from deep within their collection, a few fresh finds and an exclusive premiere from the forthcoming compilation, Paradise Bangkok - The Album Vol 2.
Musical partners in crime, Maft and Chris also run Studio Lam records, releasing a variety of reissues and new music coming out of Thailand and beyond. Having co-compiled the critically acclaimed Soundway Records release Sound of Siam, as well as Thai? Dai! for Finders Keeper Records, you can be sure to expect some Thai Luk Thung and Molam music in the mix.
Following their critically acclaimed self-titled debut album, The Paradise Bangkok Molam International Band are gearing up for their latest release, Planet Lam. First single ‘Exit Planet Lam’ has had exclusive premieres from Gilles Peterson’s Worldwide and just like Gilles, we can’t get enough of it.
This majestic mix reflects the diversity that Chris and Maft nurture through their exciting and eclectic musical endeavours in sound - a truly cross-continental smorgasbord of sounds to sink into.
- John Fahey - A Raga Called Pat, Part IV
- Ramlah Adon - Patah Hati
- T. Fock - Bweo mon far
- Abdou El Omari - Fatine
- Jessy Wenas - Abunawas
- Piyawan Niyomsil - Gumjai
- Melody Cinta - Dibulan Purnama
- Waipod Petchsupan - Pie Reua Keaw Sao
- Etty Kusumah - Tjangkurileung
- Bellows - Untitled 5
- Banyen Rakgaen - Lam Pu Tai Ar Rai Chai Dan
- Colleen - Salina Stars
- Tape - Repose
- Mittland Och Leo - Earth Beat
- Rumpun Puisirama - Sita
- Thepporn Petchubon - Sang Naa Laa Nong (From the forthcoming compilation: 'Paradise Bangkok - The Album Vol. 2')
- Rome Sritammaratch - Tum Ra Doo Fai